Employment Practices Liability Insurance
Employment practices liability (EPL) insurance is designed to protect a company against lawsuits brought by members of its workforce.
Why EPL Insurance is Important
- Employment litigation is one of leading exposures organizations are currently facing.
- Recent trends such as #MeToo, #TimesUp and an increased focus on racial and social injustice have increased the typical amount and size of employee lawsuits.
- Increased privacy protections and the potential for more employee privacy violations are impacting litigation.
- COVID-19 employment-related litigation is expected to keep trending upward.
- Lawsuits based on the language in employee handbooks and other written policies/procedures are increasingly common.
- Compliance with ever-evolving laws in the workplace is not only costly, but requires expertise, monitoring and training.
- Commercial general liability policies are not adequate enough on their own.
- Mobile technology contributes to increased exposure and liability.
- Judgments against an organization can have devastating impacts on operating budgets.
Common EPL Coverage Topics:
1: Ask about past employment issues and claims.
2: Share real-world claim examples.
3: Outline the cost benefits of insurance versus the expense of a lengthy court case.
4: Discuss potential lawsuits and how the process would be paid for without insurance.
5: Determine the right combination of price and coverage.
6: Provide a number of different and reasonable coverage options.